So many of us make New Year’s resolutions. We make lists of reasons to try harder, choose the most prominent business areas which need our renewed focus and set new goals. But let’s face the truth: they work for a month or two. Later on numerous excuses appear and we tend to “forget” about many points from our lists.
It’s high time to make this year different.
The key thing to do so is to acknowledge that life on the whole and business in particular aren’t static. They are constantly changing and moving. As well as our priorities. And we offer you a way out: instead of drowning in a mass of out-dated resolutions, learn and try these 10 undeniable facts and a practical Manifesto. It’s actually a set of mottos and mantras you should keep to, if you want to have inspiration throughout the year.
It’s a wonderful time to be a mobile app developer. Here’s the proof.
- There’s plenty of opportunity. 5.2 billion people use mobile devices. 30% (1.6 billion) use smartphones. Learn more on Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends Report, 2014.
- It’s expected that mobile app revenues from app stores around the world will reach $45.4 billion in 2015 and will grow to $76.52 billion in 2017 according to forecasts from Statista.
- The GSMA’s latest study “Smartphone forecasts and assumptions, 2007-2020” suggests that by 2020 there will be 6 billion smartphone connections. Just think of it. It’s only 5 years from now.
- There will be 167.05 billion of free mobile app downloads throughout the world in 2015. The number will increase to 211.31 billion free downloaded apps in 2016 as predicted by Statista.
- Emerging markets like Indonesia, China, Brazil and India will outdo developed nations in smartphone and wider technology growth in 2015. It represents a severe growth potential beyond developed markets.
- Owners of tablets tend to spend 13% more time in apps and open them 11% more frequently on those bigger devices. What’s more, phablet users come back to mobile apps 38% more often and stay in them 10% longer than users of regular smartphones screens. This fact is provided by analytics firm Localytics.
- Among all the digital advertising formats in the U.S, mobile format is growing the fastest according to new data from BI Intelligence.
- As reported by Comscore, of all the time consumers spend online 52% do so using smartphone and tablet apps.
- In 2018 mobile ad spend will top nearly $42 billion as stated in BI Intelligence. It will also increase by a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 43 percent from 2013.
- It also should be mentioned that in-app ads are more efficient than mobile web ads. Measurement company Medialets has found out that in-app click-through rates averaged .56 percent globally in comparison with .23 percent for mobile web ads in the first half of the year.
All these figures and facts are inspiring on their own. But Leadbolt team has gathered pearls of wisdom from app developers around the world to create an amazing Manifesto. It will ignite and cheer you up on your path for a flourishing, inventive and original new year.
Look around you, app developers. If you need a sign, plenty of them surround you. The mobile industry is gaining more and more speed. The facts are solid and indisputable. 2015 is a wonderful time to be a mobile app developer!